SCARPETTA'S SPAGHETTI

3.11.14



When I first found this recipe, I remember I was in the mood for pasta and I wanted something light. The ingredients I had at the time were spaghetti, tomatoes, garlic and basil, so I googled the ingredients (like I do everything else) and I came across a recipe by Scarpetta for Spaghetti With Fresh Tomato Sauce And Garlic Basil Oil. It was definitely meant to be. 


I absolutely love Italian food, so if I can make some pasta with the simplest of ingredients, then I would be the happiest girl in the world. The garlic basil oil is what adds the finishing touch on this dish, so make sure you follow the directions exactly. Below I've listed the ingredients and you can view the full instructions on Steamy Kitchen. Happy cooking :)


Servings: 4

Ingredients:
4 ripe organic tomatoes (preferably plum tomatoes) 
One 12-ounce can of San Marzano or organic whole tomatoes 
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 
Pinch of crushed red chili pepper flakes 
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
2 tablespoons unsalted butter 
1 ounce freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1/2 cup) 
6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, well washed and dried, stacked and rolled into a cylinder and sliced thinly crosswise into a chiffonade 
1 pound spaghetti, either high-quality dry or homemadeFor the Basil-Garlic Oil: 
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 
6-8 whole cloves garlic 
10 whole fresh basil leaves 
Generous pinch crushed red chili pepper flakes


Photo Credit: Neue Gloss

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest